MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb and Joomla - Integration/Bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sooo..

I've been investigating a joomla! mybb bridge for about 4 weeks now...given the tools that joomla! has at their disposal (com_connector) I've failed at bridging somewhere around 15 times.

I really would like to be able to bridge Mybb to joomla OR integrate the two because there isn't a better forum IMHO and there isn't a better CMS than joomla!. There's just too much I can do with Joomla! for me NOT to use it on many sites...Heading up project development for a linux distribution would be very nice to do on a joomla platform with mybb forums...

So, my question is...there's been talk in the past on a mybb bridge or integration into joomla...

1. Why has it not happened?
2. Will it happen?
3. If it won't happen, will money donated make it happen? I'll pay for this function..

If I can't get this to work out, I'll be forced to use SMF (which I really don't like that much but it's better than phpbb and integrates flawlessly with Joomla!) which I really don't want to do...I like mybb much better.

Can anyone help me on this?
Just realized that this thread could probably stand to go into Code Modifications...sorry about placing it in the wrong area :/
Moved to that forum then.

Sorry, I haven't got an answer to that question, I never have much luck integrating stuff together, but I'm sure someone else can do it. Smile
No takers yet...I did mention I'd pay to have this done right?
I feel that joomla and drupal need to be focused on for mybb bridges.., so many sites use one of the two..., wouldnt it be smart to get the mainstream site owners to hop on to mybb that way dont you think?!
Yeah I also wish for a bridge with either Joomla or Drupal..my preference would be Joomla though.
I too am looking for Joomla/MyBB intergration. My php skills are rust but if someone has a few mins to tell me roughly what I need to do, I am sure I could knock something together in a week or so?

Smile
Good ideaSmile in that case we are waiting everyone with time: P