MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installed new theme and plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed a new theme on my board but the plugins are not showing up. What do I need to do?
de-activate AND re-activate all the plugins one by one ...
Or if you an advanced user, just search the "Variables" the installed plugins using and paste them on the new theme's templates. In this case you wouldn't lose the seetings you set for each plugin's configuration.
Thanks for the super fast response
(2011-12-08, 07:26 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Or if you an advanced user, just search the "Variables" the installed plugins using and paste them on the new theme's templates. In this case you wouldn't lose the seetings you set for each plugin's configuration.

Can you please explain this a bit more, Yaldaram?
dzchimp, if you didn't understand what I've said then you can safely do what ranjani posted above mine.
(2011-12-11, 12:18 PM)dzchimp Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please explain this a bit more, Yaldaram?
Certain plugins edits the template and ads a variable to it (variable is a function defined in the plugin in this case which is added in template at desired position). For example, like custom plugin inserts {$variable_name_here} type of variables in templates.

Ah. I got it, thanks. I've been adding my custom ones in $lang, and using them in my templates after evaluating custom templates via functions_post.php. I rather thought it was about the database, that's why I asked.