MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need section to edit the join date
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i think for mybb version 2.0 you guys should add more feature

the section to edit the date of the member join the forum?

should add this feature below to your new mybb 2.0 Administration Panel

yAnnoun Pro

Show announcement in index with special feature

profile comment?

profile blog

profile picture

code to put the music on forum

Admin Activate Email

make an easy to change the logo in the admin CP

register sign up question let the admin can do their own question to restrict the spammers

thanks my opinion

(2011-12-08, 07:28 PM)vaodaybiet Wrote: [ -> ]i think for mybb version 2.0 you guys should add more feature

the section to edit the date of the member join the forum?

should add this feature below to your new mybb 2.0 Administration Panel

Why would you edit a joining date? The destroys the purpose of it.

Quote:yAnnoun Pro

Show announcement in index with special feature

Good idea. Smile

Quote:profile comment?
Profile spams are quite common these days. If this feature would be implemented, i would suggest an option to disable posting URL in comments.

Quote:profile blog
That would make people post stuffs in their profile blog rather than posting in Forum. Not really a good feature.

Quote:profile picture
Not much people would use it. But good idea though.

Quote:code to put the music on forum
That would irritate people. So, most of the Forum owners won't be using it.

Quote:Admin Activate Email
I think you mean "admin activate new user registration"? If yes, its already available in MyBB 1.6 (in older versions like 1.4).

Quote:make an easy to change the logo in the admin CP
Already suggested, but haven't got an official Yes or No. Not a necessary option if you ask me. But it might help some newbies.

Quote:register sign up question let the admin can do their own question to restrict the spammers
Nice idea. Would like to see this implemented.
Profile comment, blog, and picture don't seem to have much use. MyBB already has avatars, and blogs and comments would be distracting. A yAnnoun Pro seems like a good idea, kind of, and there is already a Plugin for Registration questions: http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question , but it would be nice to have in core. The music on the forum seems both annoying and unnecessary, because people can play music from other sources at the same time.
Most of your ideas are not very good. Either better as plugins or are simply useless. Like the logo in admincp. Admin already has to have FTP for the script. Uploading the avatar is simple. Plus you can set an external URL in the theme so you can essentially do this already.

Seems like you're suggesting a lot of social networking features. MyBB is a forum script.
i think mybb should have the section to edit the join date like simple machines forum, they have a section in the Admin CP let the admin can edit the join date for those people who join the forum

hope you guys have this section area in the admin cp on mybb 2.0 in the future

thanks
But if you edit the join date, it becomes a user's "TheAdminChangedThisDateForNoReason" date.
You can change the Registration Date on the database...
(2011-12-10, 03:30 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]But if you edit the join date, it becomes a user's "TheAdminChangedThisDateForNoReason" date.

^This.

And tell me one reason why registration date should be able to change?
you know, simple machines forum right? they has that section field to change the registration date, this option only admin can change it not for members, if we want to change the date registration we can do it by admin panel, you make this option if we like to change the registration date so we change it anytime we want. The simple machine they has that option so i think mybb should has that too. Why Mybb don't have that option to change the registration date. Just my opinion
(2011-12-11, 04:23 AM)vaodaybiet Wrote: [ -> ]you know, simple machines forum right? they has that section field to change the registration date, this option only admin can change it not for members, if we want to change the date registration we can do it by admin panel, you make this option if we like to change the registration date so we change it anytime we want. The simple machine they has that option so i think mybb should has that too. Why Mybb don't have that option to change the registration date. Just my opinion

Just because another software has it does not mean that MyBB has to have it. Changing it is, IMO, pointless. It destroys the point of having a registration date if an admin can change it at any time...

We are all wondering ... what is a situation that you would use this in? I can't think of any scenarios where it would be useful to change a registration date.
Pages: 1 2