MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help setting mail (STMP EMAIL)
gmail

I all times get error

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
or
Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />0:
The error message is kind of self-explanatory. Either there's some problem with the SMTP server (unlikely) or you're using the wrong details to connect to it (very likely).
(2011-12-08, 09:29 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]The error message is kind of self-explanatory. Either there's some problem with the SMTP server (unlikely) or you're using the wrong details to connect to it (very likely).

[Image: NY0ZL.png]
[Image: HL8Mv.png]

I remake forum, resetting e-mail. How to i can now test, work email or no?....
Hello? I resetting all again, and now new error.

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />2: Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />1: Unable to find the socket transport "tls" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?
Now again

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
even i have the same freaking problem ! please for GOD SAKE someone help ! i am literally dieing to solve this problem. Angry please update me if you find a solution ! i am in the same exact state as you are. even i have a domain gmail account and tried same mybb setting Sad
^ check the required settings here
It depends what mail provider you are using if your using gmail then it will be

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS3 or SSL: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
Port for SSL: 465  
Account Name:  your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)  
Email Address:  your email address ([email protected] or username@your_domain.com)  
Password:  your Gmail password  

Hotmail

Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com (TLS enabled, port 587)

If you are using a custom domain from your current url ie @yourdomain.com then all information for using smtp are in your cpanel's mail settings
write as smtp user: ventimice+gmail.com

http://www.mybbturkiye.com/konu-mybb-smt...lanma.html