MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your fav Linux Distro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Just took a look Solidus. Is it like an OS in your web browser? Looks pretty cool.
That's one option. The main OS, you actually install on your hard drive.
(2011-12-14, 12:53 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone tried Joli OS?

I did. I prefer Eye OS though.
I'm considering trying out Mandriva for my desktop after I get back high-speed internet.
I messed with Joli on my netbook. Didn't really like it that much.

As for that linux/gnu argument. Gosh I'm tired of seeing that. People know what you mean when you say Linux. People don't know what you mean when you say GNU. It's long in the tooth to say Linux/GNU all the time. So for practical reasons people just say Linux. It's not anything against GNU or even a lack of knowledge. Just laziness.
(2011-12-14, 04:22 PM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]I'm considering trying out Mandriva for my desktop after I get back high-speed internet.

Don't bother with it.
I've been trying out different Linux's and its either going to be Mint or Fedora for me...

I think I'll probably go with Mint.
(2011-12-14, 08:11 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]As for that linux/gnu argument. Gosh I'm tired of seeing that. People know what you mean when you say Linux. People don't know what you mean when you say GNU. It's long in the tooth to say Linux/GNU all the time. So for practical reasons people just say Linux. It's not anything against GNU or even a lack of knowledge. Just laziness.

I didn't think people still responded to copypasta..
(2011-12-14, 08:38 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trying out different Linux's and its either going to be Mint or Fedora for me...

I think I'll probably go with Mint.

Go with Fedora, it's excellent. Very happy with it.

Fedora nice.....But centos also good....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8