MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bad diacritics + bad links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! Since when I merged my forum from phpBB to myBB, the diacritics and the links are in a bad format, for an example:

a simple word in romanian "intalnesc" was placed on the phpBB forum with diacritics, "întâlnesc"(all was fine) and after the merge, on the new forum it is întâlnesc.

now, a simple link that was:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nl_ttX031Y now it is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nl_ttX031Y">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nl_ttX031Y</a><!-- m -->

Any help, please? Thanks!
Any help?
there appears to be some problems with utf-8 encoding for the merge system .. see UTF-8 Conversion Issues

links may be adjusted thru SQL queries ; see eg. 1 & eg. 2

wait for experts response for further guidance ...
(2011-12-11, 10:54 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]there appears to be some problems with utf-8 encoding for the merge system .. see UTF-8 Conversion Issues

links may be adjusted thru SQL queries ; see eg. 1 & eg. 2

wait for experts response for further guidance ...

Ermm i can't find the examples you gave me helpful because this is for colors, etc., i think this may be different, but thanks for your post anyway!Smile And i'll sure wait for an experts answer if there would be any answer ofc. Big Grin

Please refer to:

[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
UTF-8 Conversion Issues <--- See here for the word replacement problem.
Attachment Issues
Common SQL Queries Post-Merge
Dev Tracker (Open Issues) <--- See here for the link issue.
(2011-12-11, 02:58 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Please refer to:

[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
UTF-8 Conversion Issues <--- See here for the word replacement problem.
Attachment Issues
Common SQL Queries Post-Merge
Dev Tracker (Open Issues) <--- See here for the link issue.

Can you please be a lil more specific? I clicked on those links but i couldn't find what i was looking for... Thanks!
The first problem you describe is quite clearly an issue with conversion of the database encoding. Thats what controls umlauts and how they appear. It is also referenced in [Issue #1519]. The reason this isn't fixed yet is that my utf8 knowledge is a bit lacking. Ryan Gordon wrote all of that code before I ever joined the team, and I simply don't know how to fix it. However the thread for it describes several methods you can try to see if they get you the correct results.

Your second issue is actually something that should be fixed already. If you're using the latest merge system, then you need to report a new issue with the links in phpBB and I'll get it fixed as soon as possible.
I can see i downloaded it on 15 November and the final release was published on 26 September. I think it needs to be fixed like you said. Big Grin

P.S: Would there be any problem if i'll manually edit all the links and diacritics? Is this affecting other things too? Is my forum something like "unsecured"? Thanks, waiting for an answer Smile.
(2011-12-11, 07:34 PM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]I can see i downloaded it on 15 November and the final release was published on 26 September. I think it needs to be fixed like you said. Big Grin

P.S: Would there be any problem if i'll manually edit all the links and diacritics? Is this affecting other things too? Is my forum something like "unsecured"? Thanks, waiting for an answer Smile.

Yes, you can manually fix them. Your forum is secure. Smile
(2011-12-12, 12:31 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-11, 07:34 PM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]I can see i downloaded it on 15 November and the final release was published on 26 September. I think it needs to be fixed like you said. Big Grin

Yes, you can manually fix them. Your forum is secure. Smile

Good, hope it'll not take ages Smile). Thanks Dylan Smile!
Pages: 1 2