MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smilies not appearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forum link: Please PM me
Hey all, I've got a problem. I installed a custom WYSIWYG editor for mybb forums, which in the end I did not like. I uninstalled it from the admin CP. However when creating a new post or replying I cannot see the smilie insertor column and smilies.

I have done:

1) In APC/configuration/Smilies, I have verified the smilie path for the smilies to be images/smilies/ (forum root) which is what it was before and has not changed.

2) Under ACP/configuration/Clickable smiles and BB Code, I have enabled both the Mycode Editor and the clickable smilies. They were both enabled before. I believe the mycode editor also is not appearing.

3) I deleted the plugin folders files AND also the whole forum folder and reuploaded the files from the installation package. I also CHMODed the relevant directories as per the wiki installation.

I have no luck and I would rather not reinstall the database. It looks like either the template/theme has gone horribly wrong or I have missed out something simple. Could you please advise!

Also a question to the mods... what editor is the MYBB forums (This forum) using. It is part of MYBB or another custom wysiwyg editor.
this community forum uses myBB's default editor ; not any other special editor ..
would you like to provide temporary admin panel access (thru PM) to check the issue ...

(2011-12-09, 03:52 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]this community forum uses myBB's default editor ; not any other special editor ..

No it doesn't. We're using the Office 2007 editor theme. It comes with MyBB, but it's not the default. In case you're wondering, lambda, you can select it from the Editor Style field within your theme's properties.

As for the issue, the plugin probably removed the {$smilieinserter} variable from the templates when you deactivated it. To fix this you can either add the variable to the template or revert it to original. I'm gonna go with the latter since it's simpler.

Simply go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > New Reply Templates > newreply > Options > Revert to Original, and repeat the same process for the newthread template.
^ :oops: I rarely use full reply / new thread ...
anyway, is it not the same editor (editor.js) ... { editor's theme is different ! }