MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: List of MyBB Internal Variables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cool. That will help me make up my mind how to do this.

If I edit index.php and mess it up can I just delete it and upload the original from my PC?
^ of course, you can replace by uploading original.
however if you use the patches plugin then you can undo the edits with a couple of mouse clicks ....
(2011-12-10, 05:31 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ of course, you can replace by uploading original.
however if you use the patches plugin then you can undo the edits with a couple of mouse clicks ....

It may sound like a dumb question, but I was just making sure the installation didn't alter these core files(like directory names, etc)

The patches plugin sounds like a great thing. Bookmarked.
Not a 'developer', but novice diy trying to create a simple forum and hope this is a related (to above) question.
Not able, from above discussion, to determine how/where {variables} are created, and where to find existing variable 'files' (if that is how/where they are created), ie with server search.
Actually have same question about 'templates'... ie know where to find/edit in ACP, but not sure what 'files' they may be located in when looking through server files with FileZilla etc.
Thank you for any direction possible.
^ please see variables reference here

in general, a forum administrator need not know about most of the variables ! if an admin understands the templates system,
theme css, files structure, html basics then that should be sufficient. of course, admin should also take care of forum security ..

I'd suggest to setup a myBB forum in your computer (localhost server - XAMPP is a bit easier than the other) to experiment ..
one can use a search in files utility to find required files having specific code / phrases

(2012-01-24, 04:24 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ please see variables reference here

in general, a forum administrator need not know about most of the variables ! if an admin understands the templates system,
theme css, files structure, html basics then that should be sufficient. of course, admin should also take care of forum security ..

I'd suggest to setup a myBB forum in your computer (localhost server - XAMPP is a bit easier than the other) to experiment ..
one can use a search in files utility to find required files having specific code / phrases

Thank you for the reply and variables/s reference !
Looks like some good clues there.
Downloaded xampp-win32-1.7.7-VC9-installer.exe and may get into that later, after done with day job.
Understand most of the VERY basics, and wanted to just get a general idea of where 'templates' and 'variables' are derived from.
http://crossreference.mybboard.de/nav.ht...index.html looks good for help 'variables'/locations, anything like that for 'templates' ?
And, thanks again, your present (and past) help is very much appreciated !

Pages: 1 2