MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Super Admin account doesn't work!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to log on to my forum today and my super admin account is no longer a super admin, just a registered user. I did create another administrator account, but not another super admin. How do I get my super admin account back?

I didn't change anything. Everything was fine last night and this afternoon it was changed.

I installed the forum new about a week ago.

http://osteopathicmedstudent.com

Please help me!
Edit inc/config.php and find:

$config['super_admins'] = '***';

Make sure that your UID is in the list, so if your UID is 1:

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

Then, go into PHPMyAdmin and run this query:

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup='4' WHERE uid='your uid'
(2011-12-09, 10:37 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Edit inc/config.php and find:

$config['super_admins'] = '***';

Make sure that your UID is in the list, so if your UID is 1:

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

Then, go into PHPMyAdmin and run this query:

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup='4' WHERE uid='your uid'

Thank you! It worked perfectly!
I woke up this morning and it happened again! Why do I keep losing my admin rights?
Any way to make that fix stay? When I run the query with my user ID in it I am able to log in as an admin; however, when I log out it reverts back so that the next time I log in it has me listed as a regular user again.

I've run the query again and I can log in, but it reverts every time I leave.

This doesn't make much sense to me.
^ that is strange and may be you need someone experienced to check the issue with temporary
access to admin panel & ftp ; wait if someone from support team comes forward to check it ...
You must have set something up to do this as it won't be doing it all by itself, either that or you have non-default code running. The most common cause of losing admin rights is someone creating a group promotion that affects admins. If not, go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification, run this, does it say any files have been changed??