MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why did you choose mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Without sucking up, probably the admin-backend. MyBB has it's problems (for example, moderator permissions - it's not about trusting your moderator - what happens if they get a virus? I don't trust whoever steals their information) but's it's sufficient.

I didn't choose the competitors because I didn't like how the front-end/UI looked like.
(2011-12-10, 04:34 PM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]Because of this: http://www.forum-software.org/best-forum...re-of-2010

Me too, and i tested and its so easy to manage, right now i love it HeartBlush
The ACP was so much nicer than IPB (I used to use a free forum site then tried CreateMyBB with 1.2). Still find it better to work with than vBulliten (ACP is more modern [no frames], and the templates are so much easier to work with).

Also, free never tasted so good. Haha.
It works good, and it has the best gold system out there. Also has great support here, and lots of themes to choose from - I always can find a theme to match my idea!

(Although I'm moving one site away when I get my dedicated server - just because I want to integrate recipes and reviews without having them as forums - still no plugin for either one.)
@MadComp - I would recommend you look into the Xthreads plugin.
Because I saw Hackforums and was impressed, so I checked out the software.
Because it's purr0h
(2011-12-12, 04:02 AM)GhostMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Me too, and i tested and its so easy to manage, right now i love it HeartBlush

Yeah and it seems that MyBB will be again winning the best free forum software of the year award Big Grin
(2011-12-12, 05:48 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]@MadComp - I would recommend you look into the Xthreads plugin.

That plugin is for programmers, and I'm not one.
AFAIK XThreads is built for persons who have at least basic understandings of HTML. You do not need to be an expert in using this plugin.
Pages: 1 2 3