MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GeoIP does not works (location: N/A)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

what could be the problem if GeoIP tells me the location 'N/A' for any IP as moderator and admin? GeoIP is setup correctly and working with selfmade scripts.
If you are missing details; tell me.
what is your myBB version ; the issue appears to be a bug , yet to be resolved ..
(2011-12-15, 05:13 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]what is your myBB version ; the issue appears to be a bug , yet to be resolved ..

That's not related. That's due to it not being UTF8 encoded.

OP, make sure your host has installed it correctly. The PECL extension should be installed and the database location should be set in php.ini
@Nathan Malcolm:
It's set as like as you said. No difference.
It's working fine for me. It'll work unless it's not configured properly, or the hostname is the same as the IP address.
see if my tutorial for adding third party geoip helps

http://community.mybb.com/thread-95718.html
I saw your tutorial pavemen but I would be happy to get this working as I want to know why it's not working. Hostname and IP are not the same.
It's not setup correctly on the server. If it was, it would work.
1. Geoip not setup correctly. Test with a few IPs to see if you get any to work.

2. The IP isn't in the database. That's possible. If so make sure you have latest version.

Pages: 1 2