MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Random people are posting on my forum - how to stop this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

My forum is new - however, I noticed that in the past few days, a bunch of random people have started random spam threads onto my forum.

I did load the akismet plugin and added the akismet ID.

But I'm wondering...is there any way to stop these random people who randomly post things on my forum?

What do people usually do to prevent these people from posting? I took me some time to delete these users and delete their user IDs.

I welcome any suggestions. Thanks.
Using email of adminstrator activation will also help.

There is no perfect way of getting rid of spambots, but here is a list of a bunch of good plugins: http://community.mybb.com/thread-99893-p...#pid728686
When you say "using email of administrator activation" what exactly does this mean? THanks.
You need to manually activate user before they can post.

ACP>Configuration>Settings>User Registration and Profile Options>Registration Method>Administrator Activation
mate, you can use question answer plugin in registration.......

bots are able to read captcha, but not questions...

Eg: add questions like this
4 + eight = 5 + ?
some thing will make you away from spam
^ its a good suggestion Smile AND interested should also see the other responses at the link posted by Paul
(2011-12-11, 06:54 AM)feastboy Wrote: [ -> ]mate, you can use question answer plugin in registration.......

bots are able to read captcha, but not questions...

Eg: add questions like this
4 + eight = 5 + ?
some thing will make you away from spam

Hello.

What is the official name of the plugin for "Question and answer" plugin? Thanks.