MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML in Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to create a simple html table to show up in the thread. I have checked the box that says yes, allow HTML in posts for this forum. I have installed the HTML in Posts plugin. I have set the allowed groups to Administrators. But after adding the html code, all I see is the code when I view the message. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am including the code below:

<html>
<head>
<title>coupon</title>
</head>
<body>

<table border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4>
<tr><th>Date</th><th>Insert</th><th>Coupon</th><th>Amount</th><th>Expires</th><th>Source</th></tr>

<tr><td>11/27/2011</td><td>PG</td><td>four Pringles Super Stack cans (180g or larger)</td><td>1.00/4</td><td>12/31/2011</td><td>PDC, DDN</td></tr>
<tr><td>11/27/2011</td><td>PG</td><td>one Pringles Snack Stacks or Stix</td><td>0.50/1</td><td>12/31/2011</td><td>PDC, DDN</td></tr>
<tr><td>11/27/2011</td><td>PG</td><td>two Pringles Fat Free Cans (165g or larger)</td><td>1.00/2</td><td>12/31/2011</td><td>PDC, DDN</td></tr>

</table>

</body>
</html>
change to below code :

<table border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4>
<thead>Coupon</thead>
<tr><th>Date</th><th>Insert</th><th>Coupon</th><th>Amount</th><th>Expires</th><th>Source</th></tr>

<tr><td>11/27/2011</td><td>PG</td><td>four Pringles Super Stack cans (180g or larger)</td><td>1.00/4</td><td>12/31/2011</td><td>PDC, DDN</td></tr>
<tr><td>11/27/2011</td><td>PG</td><td>one Pringles Snack Stacks or Stix</td><td>0.50/1</td><td>12/31/2011</td><td>PDC, DDN</td></tr>
<tr><td>11/27/2011</td><td>PG</td><td>two Pringles Fat Free Cans (165g or larger)</td><td>1.00/2</td><td>12/31/2011</td><td>PDC, DDN</td></tr>

</table>

OR you can use mycode table generator plugin
Thank you very much. I got it to work with your changes but if it is in Threaded Mode, it just shows up in code, if I change it to Linear Mode, it shows up like I want.

Is this normal and how do I set the default to view in Linear Mode?
^ admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> show thread options --> Usenet Style Thread View <-- select no

there is also a similar setting in user control panel for individual option

user control panel --> edit options --> Thread View Mode: <-- select linear

related tutorial : How to set all users to the same thread view mode