MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activating users moves them to different usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have different usergroups that a user must select from during registration. When I activate them (as an admin) I'd like to move them from the awaiting activation usergroup to that usergroup they specified when they registered.

I have tried by specifying the usergroup to move to as a custom profile field then when they are activated it moves from usergroup 5 (awaiting activation) to the field's value, with no luck.

Suggestions?

Edit: I'd like either this or the ability to be in 2 usergroups at the same time but only use the forum permissions of one. Eg. awaiting activation users can't view any forums but if they're in the usergroup they specified when they signed up, they can.
This will just need a further addition to whatever plugin you're using to let them choose their group, have you tried contacting the plugin author about it...??
Are you using that as a plugin which allows users to choose their usergroup during reg or what?

If using it as a plugin, in core activation file, you can make some edits like:

if($mybb->action['activateuser'])
{
$movegroup = $mybb->input['pluginusergroupchooser'];
}

Above was just an example, what I mean to say is find the variable which is ran during activating the user, and change its move group to the input field (plugin which allows them to choose the usergroup's field variable) entered during choosing the usergroup.
I am not using any plugins. I have been modifying the source code.

I've added a select box to the member register template. In member.php it checks if the POST variable was passed and makes sure it's only one of a few options. It then adds it to the custom profile fields array.

I chose this method because I was adding the usergroup from the registration page as an additional usergroup. When the user is activated it switches the usergroup with the additional usergroup.

Do you guys know of any plugins that can achieve this instead of all of these source code modifications?
Okay until I find a better solution, users are instantly activated to the usergroup they specified at sign up.