MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mods Section - Denied Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've been looking around the site and noticed that users that run hacking forums etc... are denied support here, which I totally agree with. But, I've also spotted a member that runs a hacking forum, which I assume he has been denied support, but what worries me is the fact that he/she is allowed to submit plugins to the mods secton. Is mybb not leaving the door open, to guys with "hacking" backgrounds who have been denied support, to submit potentially harmful scripts within their plugins.

I think that denying them support should also remove their ability to submit server side content otherwise all member that use plugins from the mods section could be at risk.
They are manually approved, the team will check them I'm sure.
Labrocca owns a hacking forum, and he's denied support. He's also a very trust worthy member here. If he wanted to submit a plugin to the mods site, should we disallow him to just because of the type of forum he runs?

You can't just label every user with a hacking forum as malicious. It doesn't work like that.

We deny users with hacking content because we don't condone hacking. Not because they're a potential threat.
Your meaning was with me?

I see where you are coming from, let me explain. Running hacking forums which has to do something regarding term hack doesn't mean he or she in real life might be a hacker. I guess your question was intended regarding me or probably other people who might be running related boards. We are humans as well, we tend to do good. I start or started UB not myself for hacking but providing an area of discussion to those who are interested in same.

That doesn't mean we or Labrocca being an HF owner would create scripts to hack other's forums. That is why every mod is manually approved and checked thoroughly and also I refrain or make aware other users to not to download something from new comers or new plugins makers. Here also their intention might not be to leave an open backdoor for someone to exploit but they can remain undone at certain points which also certainly doesn't mean they did it personally.

Also one's reputation is seen.

I guess you were trying to question me or maybe someone else because this condition matches my case, on which I think I helped you clear your mind or doubts.
"You can't just label every user with a hacking forum as malicious. It doesn't work like that."

Hacking is hacking and thats final !! Of course you can label every user with a hacking forum as malicious, if it is malicious. Im talking about malicious hacking forums, not hacking forums like game hacks etc.....

And how on earth can you possibly say that labrocca is a very trust worthy member, im sorry but if you run a forum like that your not a trust worthy person. My original post was'nt pointed towards labrocca, it was another member I noticed.

NOTE: Im not saying you guys would create the scripts to harm anyone, but why take that risk?
Labrocca owns MyBBcentral which is one of the most popular 3rd party plugin site for MyBB. Should we stay away from his plugins just because he owns a hacking forum?

As Malcolm said, they are denied support as MyBB doesn't support forums with illegal content. It has nothing to do with the plugin they develop.

(2011-12-11, 04:11 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]And how on earth can you possibly say that labrocca is a very trust worthy member, im sorry but if you run a forum like that your not a trust worthy person.

Not sure if you know this already or not, but Labrocca is a webmaster and not hacker.
(2011-12-11, 04:11 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]"You can't just label every user with a hacking forum as malicious. It doesn't work like that."

Hacking is hacking and thats final !! Of course you can label every user with a hacking forum as malicious, if it is malicious. Im talking about malicious hacking forums, not hacking forums like game hacks etc.....

And how on earth can you possibly say that labrocca is a very trust worthy member, im sorry but if you run a forum like that your not a trust worthy person. My original post was'nt pointed towards labrocca, it was another member I noticed.
Your questions are being personal and offensive I believe.

If a person runs whatever kind of forum, it certainly doesn't mean he might be that in terms of his behavior or in real life.

Quote:NOTE: Im not saying you guys would create the scripts to harm anyone, but why take that risk?
If its risk to your as per your mind and conclusions, simply don't use on own forums. You shouldn't be enforcing this over everyone else.
(2011-12-11, 04:11 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]"You can't just label every user with a hacking forum as malicious. It doesn't work like that."

Hacking covers a wide variety of topics. You can't define someone by what type of forum they own.

(2011-12-11, 04:11 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]And how on earth can you possibly say that labrocca is a very trust worthy member, im sorry but if you run a forum like that your not a trust worthy person. My original post was'nt pointed towards labrocca, it was another member I noticed.

For one thing labrocca donated thousands of dollars to purchase mybb.com. He's not a hacker, he's a webmaster.

I could run a sports forum, does that mean I'm a sports fan? No. My advice is stop being so stereotypical.

(2011-12-11, 04:11 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]NOTE: Im not saying you guys would create the scripts to harm anyone, but why take that risk?

Any one person could upload a malicious plugin. It's not our job to judge members in any case.
Quote:Nathan said: Hacking covers a wide variety of topics. You can't define someone by what type of forum they own.

@Nathan - Mybb has already defined that by denying that person support because of what kind of forum they run, so that comment is totally incorrect. Ive also pointed out that I was referring to malicious hacking and not any other types of hacking.

@crazy - My post is not personal or offensive at all, I was simply pointing out how I felt towards the issue. Also, Im not "enforcing this over everyone else", its my opinion on the matter, its mybb that does the enforcing.

We manually check every plugin before approving them. You can be sure that they can't hack your forum through any plugins uploaded to our mods site. If you don't want to download their plugins, fine.
Pages: 1 2 3