MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: login with Facebook, twitter,qq
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe third party integration shouldn't be included as a core.
Yeah, it should be used as per user's choice.
Not a core feature!
but core should allow it to happen fairly easily via plugin,etc.
(2011-12-13, 12:35 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]but core should allow it to happen fairly easily via plugin,etc.
This. Very much this. It is currently not possible to get any form of external authentication mechanism working with only a plugin; a mod is required. I can see no reason there couldn't be plugin-hooks for auth.
(2011-12-13, 12:29 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Not a core feature!

(2012-01-13, 03:32 PM)Darael Wrote: [ -> ]This. Very much this. It is currently not possible to get any form of external authentication mechanism working with only a plugin; a mod is required. I can see no reason there couldn't be plugin-hooks for auth.

why do you say this? a plugin could easily hijack the entire login process from start to finish without just working on a portion of it as most plugins do.
I agree not to be core. A good 50%+ do not use integration as it is. I personally don't want my admin panel, databases and server space taken up by integration stuff that I will never use. Personally I think the team have enough to develop, so integration should be left to someone independant. I agree - not core.
i think it s the best idea!