MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mark External Links, Broken On 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason, this plugin doesn't work after my upgrade to 1.6.5. It does not use any of the hooks that require updating for 1.6.5 (parse_message_start and parse_message_end), and is a rather simple plugin, so I assume there is some sort of functionality that has been changed, which is causing the it to no longer work.

I had to pay for a subscription to get this plugin, and now the subscription has run out. I have posted here, to let the creator know it no longer works, but have not seen any response yet. He has not been active in some time, so I'm not sure he will ever get to it.

What do you guys think my options are, for getting this to work? I don't have the expertise to figure it out on my own. I'm guessing that since this is one of the subscriber plugins, it would not be cool to post the code out here. I really need this plugin to work, as my members need all the help they can get, in drawing attention to links within posts (and also opening internal links in new windows).

Thanks!
if the plugin coder doesn't help in fixing it then someone experienced has to check it on
your forum with required temporary privileges ( temporary access to admin panel & ftp )
(2011-12-12, 02:49 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]if the plugin coder doesn't help in fixing it then someone experienced has to check it on
your forum with required temporary privileges ( temporary access to admin panel & ftp )

Looks like it's broken again on 1.6.11... It still works, but now it puts the link on a new line, after the little image that would usually go right next to the link. Any chance you can have a look at it again? Blush
above helper is not available at present - you may PM me temporary access to admin panel & ftp and wait for some time