MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Speed of the software itself and Donations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two small questions..

One: How fast is it? Like, in comparision with other softwares. I am thinking about chaning a huge forum over to this software, but it would be stupid to do it when i bring it to a crawl with this action. Can it handle well huge loads? Does it have some thoughts behind it that allow for a few optimizing cuts, so it will perform well under huge loads (maybe at cost of non essential features) ?

Second: Is there a way to donate to the project? Appart from work i mean. In case the software does well, i am thining about donating some money to the project, in a more or less regular fashion even.
http://msgplus.mybboard.com/ (huge community, works farily well with big load, check yourself Smile )
Quote:Does it have some thoughts behind it that allow for a few optimizing cuts, so it will perform well under huge loads (maybe at cost of non essential features) ?
There are a few at he moment, in the next version there are afew more such as an option to remove the extra profile fields query when showing athread if you don't want to use it.

Quote:Second: Is there a way to donate to the project? Appart from work i mean. In case the software does well, i am thining about donating some money to the project, in a more or less regular fashion even.
I'll probably set up a donations address sometime soon.

Thanks for your interest! Smile