MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a slider to my custom page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys.

Please don't complain about this i've never sued jQuery before and I KNOW this is simple, but i'm dumb.

Ok So i downloaded a jquery plugin called easyslider which I want to use on my custom page to display bands for my music forum. I don't know what to put in my template. The JS files are called: 'easyslider1.7' and 'jquery'
Can anyone tell me what to put in my template. I put the files in usinf my ftp. thanks.
On the page from where you've downloaded, there would be examples/demos given. Look how they've embed the code.

For example THIS is a simple demo given for easy slider. On the page source you can see how they have used it.
Thanks. So it would be:

<script src="theurltothemypage" type="text/javascript">
//Script
</script>
?
It would be;
<script src="PATH_TO_JQUERY_FILES" type="text/javascript">
//Script
</script>

This "theurltothemypage" should not be linked to the page, it would be the path of jquery files.
OK i followed some instruction i found. and they said i needx to put this: $(document).ready(function(){
$("#slider").easySlider();
});

in aswell. But in the template editor it just stayys as black font when i put it in. i put it in <script> tags that did not work.
Put it as

Quote:<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
$("#slider").easySlider();
});</script>