MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error in functions_post / eval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm trying to enable a certain image in my postbit, and when I enter in the code the following error is shot out a few times. I know that it's not the plugin I'm using because it happens when it's deactivated and uninstalled as well.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in forum/inc/functions_post.php(644) : eval()'d code on line 14

I have tried replacing functions_post but no luck. Any idea on what is causing this? Thanks!
Post your postbit template for your theme here, there's an error with it.
We reverted the template to a default and it still did it, so I'm doubting it is the template itself.

I was wondering if after the theme upgrade, it needed a rebuild and recount of some kind, as I cannot for the life of my understand why it's doing that.
No, there's nothing to recount or rebuild with themes, it is an issue with a template because it's the templates that get eval'd, and the line with the error was evalling a template. it wouldn't be doing this with default code, are you sure you're looking at the right template set for the theme??
Matt, could code inside of templates that the postbit template pulls cause the issue?

I reverted the postbit template (and the legacy just to see), and both still had the same error so could it be like {$post['button_quickdelete']} or something?

Thanks,
Mike
Um... yes it could well be actually, that's a good point.
Matt, have you come up with a fix for this? We still can't pinpoint the exact cause of this, and we don't want to remove the template calls.
Well as Audentio suggested it could be an error in one of the other templates that's loaded in the postbit, have a look at those... without access to the templates there's nothing I can do, you just need to find which template has the malformed code.