MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: XSS Vulns in memberlist and modcp.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not very experienced with MyBB, anyone mind telling me how to fix these? I've already looked through both and I cannot find where he has injected his malicious script.

Wow, I'm so high I used my email for username.
Are you using any Facebook connect plugins? That's the issue!! Disable them and try to find a user with a username containing "noscrip"....

+
Watch out, you registered with your email address and there might be some spambots in here Wink
How do you know he used the memberlist in modcp?
Nope no facebook plugins, etc.

Omar, it's both memberlist.php and modcp.php

I bought a forum from someone, memberlist.php was previously defaced and not fixed, he got admin access through it and did the same to modcp.php?action=finduser&page=2

I've temporary removed memberlist to prevent it from happening again until I can figure out what's causing it.
Yes, but how do you know the hacker used those files?
(2011-12-12, 11:21 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but how do you know the hacker used those files?

It's XSS, you have to inject your script onto that page, in the case memberlist.php and modcp.php/blah-blah=1 I know a lot about how XSS works as I use it myself however I have never been on the receiving end.
If the problem it's only with the forum files, you can try to replace them with a fresh copy of MyBB.
Also check the file permissions.

Of course, this can be achivied if you have FTP access.
(2011-12-12, 11:56 PM)rubsone Wrote: [ -> ]If the problem it's with the forum files, you can try to replace them with a fresh copy of MyBB.

Already tried that, I replaced memberlist.php and modcp.php with the fresh files directly from MyBB installation .rar, did not fix the issue.
Forum URL?
(2011-12-13, 12:03 AM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-12, 11:56 PM)rubsone Wrote: [ -> ]If the problem it's with the forum files, you can try to replace them with a fresh copy of MyBB.

Already tried that, I replaced memberlist.php and modcp.php with the fresh files directly from MyBB installation .rar, did not fix the issue.

Try to replace all of them, except the config file Smile
Pages: 1 2