MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Event log/Activity feed (What do you want included?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://community.mybb.com/thread-107061.html

I'm finishing something extremely similar to the above suggestion - what 'events' would you guys liked displayed? I've already decided against showing bans because you could easily just install the ban page for PageManager/an equivalent plugin, so don't ask.

I also may add an ability to define custom events via the ACP. Drawback is that you'd have to know a minimal amount of PHP in order to find the correct hook and variable. (So I'm not totally decided on it, yet.)

Currently planned events:
  • Signature change
  • Username change
  • Joined group
  • Updated profile field
(All of these will be able to be toggled btw)
  • Signature Change
  • Friend Change
  • Subscribed to a thread
  • new thread
  • new post/reply
  • updated custom field x
  • member was unbanned? Toungue
  • Post was locked
  • Post was made a sticky
Don't have any suggestions but this will be awesome Big Grin
Anything that is social or interective, like:

Signature change
Username changes
Usertitle change
New thread
New post

And anything related.

Maybe you can add plugins support, or what you comment there, for not default features.
Awesome suggestions, keep 'em coming. Big Grin
Will this be a huge activity feed from all users displayed public, or just a private notice system for each user? Toungue

^It will be a nice thing if we could filter thins by uid Smile
(2011-12-13, 05:18 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]^It will be a nice thing if we could filter thins by uid Smile

Or to a buddy list. Would put the buddy list to actual use.
The ability to comment on those changes and receive notifications through the User CP like threads would be cool.
(2011-12-13, 05:06 AM)rubsone Wrote: [ -> ]Will this be a huge activity feed from all users displayed public, or just a private notice system for each user? Toungue
Public

(2011-12-13, 05:18 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]^It will be a nice thing if we could filter thins by uid Smile
I'll think about that.

(2011-12-13, 05:25 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]

Or to a buddy list. Would put the buddy list to actual use.
Meh.

(2011-12-13, 06:06 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]The ability to comment on those changes and receive notifications through the User CP like threads would be cool.
That's where it'd start to get on the bloated side imo. (Same reason I'm not doing threads/posts) I have, however, been thinking of making a notifications plugin.

Pages: 1 2