MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Tagging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This plugin is simple to use and provides a feature many users have gotten used to since the social networking boom.

With this plugin you can tag users with an @user style tag. Just type it in any post and the user will be tagged. Upon tagging, PM will be sent from you to the user you tagged, notifying them they have been tagged.

Settings for plugin:
On/Off - Turns plugin on and off.
PM Subject - The subject of the PM sent to the tagged user.
PM Body - The message of the PM sent to the tagged user.

This plugin uses MyCode to tag the user in the post, allowing for ease of potential editing if a user/mod/admin should desire to do so.

Enjoy. =]

http://mods.mybb.com/view/user-tagging
Thread approved.
Hi Herm, this plugin already exists, don't know what is better actually. But I'd like to suggest you integrating it with euantor's MyAlert plugin which provides a notification system within your board. This would be nicer that simply notify users by PM. Just a suggestion though.
Can this be abused? E.G - @2020 (I copy and paste it 100 times), would the user 2020 be getting 100 pm's? Also is there any settings for user permissions so that only upgraded users could use this feature.
Can I enable this feature in only 1 section?
(2012-12-10, 12:53 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Herm, this plugin already exists, don't know what is better actually. But I'd like to suggest you integrating it with euantor's MyAlert plugin which provides a notification system within your board. This would be nicer that simply notify users by PM. Just a suggestion though.

Yes, I am aware there is a "Tagging Plugin!", but I aim to make a better tagging plugin. Also, I made my shortly after the first (this thread was approved about a year after I posted it), and I wasn't aware it existed at that time. And that's an interesting suggestion, I may look into it in the future.

(2012-12-10, 09:52 PM)Dollar Wrote: [ -> ]Can this be abused? E.G - @2020 (I copy and paste it 100 times), would the user 2020 be getting 100 pm's? Also is there any settings for user permissions so that only upgraded users could use this feature.

Nope. Only one PM per user, per message. Now if you were to make 100 posts with @2020 in it... Yes. But that'd be spamming now wouldn't it? =]

(2012-12-10, 10:06 PM)Kaleb M Wrote: [ -> ]Can I enable this feature in only 1 section?

Good idea, I'll do it.
I forgot to post here when I made this update. The following features were added.

Also, spaces in usernames has been fixed for quite a while.

*Tag Styling - Allows you to provides styling to all tags using BBcode.
*Allowed Forums - Optionally limit plugin to certain forums
*Allowed Groups - Optionally limit plugin to certain user groups
*PM Enabled - Whether or not to send a PM on tag