MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nobody can Log-In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys, here's the link to the forums: http://www.marlinsclubhouse.com/forums/

Nobody can log-in or post.

If you go there, you'll see it says this on top of the banner:

Quote:Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ajheat34/public_html/forums/inc/config.php:21) in /home/ajheat34/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 803

And if you try going into any of the forums you'll get:

Quote:Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ajheat34/public_html/forums/inc/config.php:21) in /home/ajheat34/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 803

Warning: Division by zero in /home/ajheat34/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 340
mySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Query: SELECT t.*, (t.totalratings/t.numratings) AS averagerating, i.name AS iconname, i.path AS iconpath, t.username AS threadusername, u.username FROM mybb_threads t LEFT JOIN mybb_icons i ON (i.iid = t.icon) LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid = t.uid) WHERE t.fid='3' AND (t.visible='1' OR t.visible='0') ORDER BY t.sticky DESC, t.lastpost DESC LIMIT 0,

I'm not the Admin.-just a Mod. there, so I can't do anything on the Admin's control-but does anyone know how to fix it?

I'd really appreciate any help.
Open your config file, and make sure there is no white space at the beginning and end of its contents.
MiNT Wrote:Open your config file, and make sure there is no white space at the beginning and end of its contents.
If I'm correct, I opened my config file and it was empty. Anyways, the whole site board is having problems logging in-you think the problem would just be because of one file on my computer?
You have said your not the admin, so I'm going to assume you don't have the authority to fix it. However, If you do have FTP access the config file is in the inc directory of the forum (on the server) and I'm guessing there is a stray space or blank line. Thats whats causing that error. It might be stopping users from logging in or posting. Lets see if its still happening when that error is sorted.
MiNT Wrote:You have said your not the admin, so I'm going to assume you don't have the authority to fix it. However, If you do have FTP access the config file is in the inc directory of the forum (on the server) and I'm guessing there is a stray space or blank line. Thats whats causing that error. It might be stopping users from logging in or posting. Lets see if its still happening when that error is sorted.
I don't have FTP access...Sad
im the admin of the site.

here's what i have in the config.php file...

Quote:<?php
/* Database Configuration */
$config['dbtype'] = "mysql";
$config['hostname'] = "localhost";
$config['username'] = "PRIVATE";
$config['password'] = "PRIVATE";
$config['database'] = "PRIVATE";
$config['table_prefix'] = "mybb_";

/* Admin CP URL */
$config['admindir'] = "admin";

/* Datacache Configuration */

/* files = Stores datacache in files inside /inc/cache/ (Must be writable)*/

/* db = Stores datacache in the database*/
$config['cachestore'] = "db";
?>
my settings.php and config.php file got wiped out, and i restored the config.php file with the code above.....

what do i need to put in the settings.php now that its blank?

when i login into my admin cp, i get this error....

Quote:Language (./inc/languages/) is not installed
rage Wrote:im the admin of the site.
OMG BENNY!!! Geez, where have you been? I think you need some admin. help..Big Grin
Start your text editor and copy this in

<?php
require "./global.php";
$query = $db->query("SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."settings ORDER BY title ASC");
while($setting = $db->fetch_array($query)) {
	$setting['value'] = addslashes($setting['value']);
	$settings .= "\$settings['".$setting['name']."'] = \"".$setting['value']."\";\n";
}
$settings = "<?php\n/*********************************\ \n  DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, PLEASE USE\n  THE SETTINGS EDITOR\n\*********************************/\n\n$settings\n?>";
$file = fopen("./inc/settings.php", "w");
fwrite($file, $settings);
fclose($file);
?>

save the file as qwerty.php

upload the file into your forum directory

Load the file in your web browser, report any errors here

check the settings.php file and see if its restored

-----

Does the config file have trailing whitespace? you cant really tell from a quote.
get this error when i ran the file

Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting '(' in /home/ajheat34/public_html/forums/inc/settings.php on line 7
Pages: 1 2 3