MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB.com extremely slow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think I remember seeing something somewhere on Chris's twitter or blog that we might be moving servers. That may be it.
Look at the who's online list, there are over 500 guests, most of those XRumer spambots attacking this forum constantly, so unless a firewall is put on the server to filter out these malicious IPs this site is doomed.

I can't take it anymore, so you will not see me posting here in a long while.
Here are a small sample of XRumer DDoS attacks going on right now here:

08:43 AM Registering
Guest 08:43 AM Registering
Guest 08:43 AM Logging In
(2011-12-21, 02:38 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the who's online list, there are over 500 guests, most of those XRumer spambots attacking this forum constantly, so unless a firewall is put on the server to filter out these malicious IPs this site is doomed.

Can you please stop being blind and start reading our responses? I am sure me and the rest of the team will appreciate if you do it!

We've said multiple times that we CAN'T DO ANYTHING because it's not up to us to do anything to the server, we don't have access to it and Chris is away for some days.
So if you can't be here because it's too slow for you, just leave and stop posting the same thing again and again and if you want to come back later feel free to come back but please stop doing what you're doing now because all you're doing is increasing the server load as well for no reason.
Slow for me too lol, But i can deal with it, My nan had dial up for about 10 years, up to a year ago, and i regularly used it when i went to her house.
(2011-12-21, 02:38 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the who's online list, there are over 500 guests, most of those XRumer spambots attacking this forum constantly, so unless a firewall is put on the server to filter out these malicious IPs this site is doomed.

and you have magic powers that let you see the IPs of those guests, that no other non-staff member can see?
FACE IT, management is doing nothing but letting it happen at the moment.

You must think this is my first go round at this.

You keep cheerleading until you see a blank page when you come here, I will warn these guys because this site is being DDosed right now.
What part of they are aware of it don't you understand?

What is there to face? They have already admitted that they are aware of it.

This is a fairly active site, so 3 logins and 4 registraitons is probably not much. I don't see how you can be sure it is a DDoS, if you dont have access to logs and such. Leave if you want, you aren't helping anyway. There is nothing us or any of the staff can do but wait for Chris to look into things.
You guys have heard of XRumer spambots and open proxy IPs right, that is exactly what this forum is being attacked with constantly.
(2011-12-21, 04:32 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]You guys have heard of XRumer spambots and open proxy IPs right, that is exactly what this forum is being attacked with constantly.

Yes we have, and we can't do anything about it. Chris Boulton is gone for several days and he is the only one with enough access to do anything about it.
Pages: 1 2 3