MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Controlling services and editing registry with C?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible via the Win32 API to Stop,Start or Disable services(permanently) as well as edit registry?

You see, everytime I or anybody else, who reinstall windows, need to configure it optimally.
For an example I disable a ton of services I do not need, and disable a lot of features in Windows 7, such as Core parking,disabling recent items in start menu,recent accessed files,ULPS etc.

Doing this manually proved to be slow and ineffective so I decided to code a program to do this for me, and for others as well.
Editing the registry should be easy. I know vb.NET has built in libraries, but im not sure about C. However, you could simply save the command out to a .reg file and execute it Smile Because I'm certain C can execute files and processes Smile
While a .REG file would do in most cases, I wish to have more precision. Such as (if key exists { modify } ). Not to mention to have the ability to Enable or Disable the settings.
It has to be possible since (a) Installers do it and (b) RegEdit does it.

Here you go.