MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users cant register using a GMail for there email. [SQL Error]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ranjani how dare you accuse me of having a illegal site.
my forum url is http://helperonline.net/ you can try the error here but it wont help as the picture explains it all and what i said describes it clear, im just trying to get support and willing to reward the favour.

the error only happens random but 100% is only gmail.com i have tested for days and still no luck..
(2011-12-15, 10:15 AM)redbread Wrote: [ -> ]ranjani how dare you accuse me of having a illegal site.
Ranjani is trying to help you and words like these isn't the amusing words one would like to hear. He/she told you repeatedly to give forum URL but you didn't gave so that also made him/her think that you might be feared to get disregarded from getting support.

just now I registered with gmail email ID ; there was no error & activated account (.m.)
OP might be just your PC then.
sorry, like i said the error is random.. but the screenshot must tell us something as to why it happens, i have had many emails with complaints about this..

please help, otherwise i must have to ban gmail from bieng used..
^ if you find that its random then it cannot be checked & fixed in a single session. may be better if
someone from support team checks it with required temporary privileges ; wait for a support person
i managed to register myself no problem with a GMAIL.com address. is it possible your host is blocking gmail accounts? Dunno if they could do this but if you have nothing in place to block Gmail then something does.

is it specific Addresses that fail repeatedly or do the same addresses fail sometimes then register ok later?
Maybe somethings happen, but really not for sure, because other email adresses works fine and only gmail is the problem, i'm working with gmail and no problema on my forum, maybe the server has overload or not take this value, i suspect its a change for additional info or something.

I see the error has a query message when try to find the adress of gmail, but something was bad on your hosting.
If it was to do with the host it wouldn't be producing a MyBB error. Besides, whoever said it was blocking GMail anyway, the error just happened to be querying for @gmail, doesn't mean @gmail specifically is anything to do with it. The error is there because the SQL query is malformed, not because it said "I'm blocking @gmail so I'll show this error".

As I said above though, this isn't a MyBB query, so if it's not a plugin doing it it must be a core file edit somewhere. I mean it's not even a valid query, it's missing the apostrophe off the end, so it's not coming from any default code.
thanks MattRogowski for your reply, do you have any idea how i can fix this please?
Pages: 1 2 3