MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hooks 1.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-01-07, 08:13 PM)Hay_Den Wrote: [ -> ]Similar to XF developer Tools Smile

Never heard of that.

I'll add a hook debugger (something that will show you which hooks are being run on a particular page) in the next version. So it'll be easier to find usable hooks for whatever it is you want to do.

Maybe that'll help some people to get started with plugin development. You still have to know how to write PHP though, no way around that. Toungue
Once I tried addind a manual hook, just a line, that ovbiously didnĀ“t worked. haha

Thanks for this plugin.
We cannot hook at datahandler_user_insert because of the mybb lang bug were files are required as datahandler.
Is that a problem with this plugin in particular?

As for the language, it changes whether or not you hook into it.
If I hook at datahandler_user_insert a "language file is missing (../inc/languages/../hooks.lang.php)" error will be shown upon user creation in the ACP, so I assume it does have to do with this plugin loading a language file there.
Replace the inc/plugins/hooks/plugin.php with the file from here https://github.com/frostschutz/Hooks/blo...plugin.php

But you should see that issue regardless of which hooks you actually use.

Updated to 1.2 which (hopefully) works around that language bug.

I also changed the way it checks for syntax errors, it will catch more errors now than it used to.
Yeah, that should do it. Thanks.
Updated the plugin to 1.5 today.

I've moved the controls to the left hand side, so controls and labels won't be too far apart on wide screen monitors.

Also, both Hooks and Patches plugins are now included in a single archive, since those two plugins are so closely related to one another. You can still enable/disable them separately, but they may grow closer together in the future (share code).
Pages: 1 2