MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shark Fishing Website!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Check it out! Also feel free to join. If you are ever coming to Florida or anywhere on the ocean and you want to catch some small sharks go to my website and I will get you set up!

www.worldofsharkfishing.com
Your theme isn't that good. The black doesn't go with the blue waves style. Also, the menu is very hard to see. Next, I feel your site is a little slow (could just be me) as it took quite a while to load the background image. That could use work.

Finally, you have no forum descriptions (What is Fishing Date???). A crazy clutter of forums, and only 1 post. Definitely needs work.
I haven't really "opened" the site up yet as I am still working on it which is why I posted in here to get good insight like I just got! so thank you!

I am new to this so if you could bare with me and help me out that would be great! How do I go about speeding it up? Secondly I am not sure what would go good with the waves look. Blue would just be too original... Thoughts?
I would say save this forum for forums that are open & ready to go. You only get one shot in the public eye, and if they see you as a half-done site they'll never want to revisit when you actually do open. Instead, have some friends take a look or even feel free to PM me. I'm happy to give feedback.

The speed seems fine now it's cached. So, I wouldn't worry about it unless you get others complaining. Who's your host, though?

abenak89 Wrote:Blue would just be too original
I'm assuming you mean something along the lines of unoriginal. Toungue

Honestly, for your theme a blue color that matches the sky/ocean could really look nice.
Ok I am using fatcow.com for hosting.
I will look for some new theme colors and see if something catches my eye! If you find one you think would go good let me know! Smile
The fact that they offer unlimited makes me uneasy. Probably means they oversell.

- http://shockinghost.com
- http://novahost.com
- http://mybbwebhost.com

All good hosts, if you ever need a new one. You can always stay with Fatcow and see how it goes. I personally use Novahost & I work at Shockinghost. Both are extremely good with Support, and speed. Smile

Anyway, good luck. Feel free to PM me if you ever need help.
Good luck finding your target audience....
Your niche is very unique and has great potetional... that being said you'll need some more content and a cooler theme Wink.

You may want to create several "fake" accounts and using them to post revelant stuff
Overused theme, crap logo and a missing image. Niche is good though.
can someone give me advice on how to get a good theme?? lol I am VERY new to this but am a quick learner! Why is the logo crap? and missing image? Do I really need a header? A

Again I am asking all this for help not trying to be like "ya whatever its crap!" so please help me out! and thanks so much for the advice so far!
Pages: 1 2 3