MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove bio section - spammers abusing it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how can i remove bio section or restrict it for at least 10 or more message have member.
Acp ->Configuration -> Custom profile fields -> you will find there BIO field and delete it Smile

Or you have option on bottom of that page:

Minimum post count?
Should this field only be available to users with a certain post count? If so, set the minimum amount of posts required here.

Put some post count which you want Smile
(2011-12-15, 10:06 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]Acp ->Configuration -> Custom profile fields -> you will find there BIO field and delete it Smile

Or you have option on bottom of that page:

Minimum post count?
Should this field only be available to users with a certain post count? If so, set the minimum amount of posts required here.

Put some post count which you want Smile

thanks for answer but i don't see minimum post count thing
When you go to EDIT FIELD Option you should see it on bottom of that page.
I think you might want to leave it for the reason that it will usually be a give-away to a spammer. It is not often that people actually fill out their profile.

Might be a good anti-spam tool for you - just depends on how many spammers you get per day. If you have too many to look at and manage, then delete the field or restrict it, but if it is a few, it helps.