MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ads after each post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is there anyway to put ads after each post?
I tried the plugin but it dont work for me. Just wondering if there is anything alternative i can do.
Did you tryed this plugin?

http://mods.mybb.com/view/advertisement-in-posts

If that one doesen't work, then we'll do it on another way.
If you want to have an ad on each post then I would suggest to just edit postbit and postbit_classic templates. Plugin is not necessary in this case IMO.

(2011-12-15, 11:48 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]Did you tryed this plugin?

http://mods.mybb.com/view/advertisement-in-posts

If that one doesen't work, then we'll do it on another way.

yes it didnt work.

(2011-12-16, 02:15 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to have an ad on each post then I would suggest to just edit postbit and postbit_classic templates. Plugin is not necessary in this case IMO.

how?

(2011-12-16, 05:43 AM)Goran Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-16, 02:15 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to have an ad on each post then I would suggest to just edit postbit and postbit_classic templates. Plugin is not necessary in this case IMO.

how?

Add your ad code at the very bottom line of postbit and postbit_classic templates.
If you are referring to google ads, then they can't be shown on every post, they can only appear on maximum three posts.
(2011-12-16, 08:45 AM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are referring to google ads, then they can't be shown on every post, they can only appear on maximum three posts.

Or rather a maximum of three ad units per web page. You wouldn't want all three positioned there anyway. There's a far more better and effective placement for forums.

You also need to consider that by doing that, it'll look intrusive for your members.
With adsense you can have 3 ads per page, in addition to 3 link units per page. You don't need to limit the ads, google will do this for you. I like to put a 728x15 link unit after each post for guests. Members don't see the images. The code below will show ads to admins and guests (I like admins to see the images so that you can verify they display correctly.

install the template conditionals plugin, then add this to the bottom of your postbit template:

<if $mybb->user['usergroup'] == '1' OR $mybb->user['usergroup'] == '4' then>
<table border="0" width="100%" align="center">
  <tr>
    <td>
<div align="center" style="padding: 10px;">

<!--put adsense here-->

</div>
    </td>
  </tr>
</table>
</if>
can i display them after every first post only? or possibly every third or fourth if the thread is big?
Pages: 1 2