MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security Tutorial List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a tutorial list for MyBB, specifically regarding security. This includes adding new features and using the built in features provided by MyBB.

Disclaimer: I am in no way repsonsible for the creation or use of these tutorials. As such, I have given full credit to the authors.

1. ACP Security:

2. Spam prevention:

3. General Forum Security and Good Practice:

If you know of any other tutorials, and want them adding to the lsit, reply below. For consistency, the tutorials MUST be posted in the User Submitted Tutorials forum. This is to ensure tutorials do not get deleted outside of the control of the MyBB staff.

Have fun, and stay safe! Smile
You missed the Admin Honeypot Plugin... but then... you don't seem to be listing any plugins Wink

Also, what about renaming the Admin folder?
(2011-12-15, 10:43 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You missed the Admin Honeypot Plugin... but then... you don't seem to be listing any plugins Wink

Also, what about renaming the Admin folder?

Yeah, plugins are the next step Smile Added Smile
Great post, OP!
I favorited this, very useful!
Nice now I don't have to do something like this Toungue.
Good list Tom, cheers.
Ohey, my name is up there...

Great list!
May I add one "dumb" security practice??

Change Admin's password (and all the Super admins / Super mods / Mods) passwords to something really strong and hard to crack...

A depressed hacker (a hacker that has desperately tested everything to hack your board and just couldn't), will try Plan B, try to crack a staff's password...

It seems dumb, yet many boards have been hacked because of that issue...

Example :
Which password, you think is easier to crack??

Password 1:
f*6%+*C^9:b!Fv:4^'=5

Password 2:
cake20
I'm writing a tutorial this weekend perhaps, teaching others how to install and configure CFS (ConfigServer firewall).
It's a very advanced script, people should know about it.
Sure, post it in the tutorials section and I'll add the link to the op Wink
Pages: 1 2