MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge with smf 2 fail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forum permissions won't merge anything at all. It goes to the page, and just shows 0 and continues to refresh. I let it set for about 10 minutes then paused. It does not show the red loading bar.

Posts made it through 5 pages of posts, but still has 13 pages left. It is set to 1000. Let it set for about 10 minutes on the current post then paused. This one does show the red loading bar.

Private messages cut down by about half, there are now 205 left. But sticks. I let it set for about 10 minutes on the current pm then paused. This one shows the red loading bar as well.

Everything else seems fine, but I cannot attempt the Calendar events and attachments yet. Out of everything it looks like the most important things fail. Permissions I am not worried about, but posts and private messages are necessary.

I am ready to give the necessary information to get this merge rolling again.

I did apply the module count fix on my own. I imagine that has nothing to do with this error though, but just for testing sake I may attempt to put it back to the old now that I got past the usergroup white page of death.

Thanks,
James
I'm getting mighty irritated with SMF... I don't know what the deal is now, but last I knew I had this thing working perfectly (2.0 Gold tested on.) for every module except the forum permissions. Annoying. Please check the Dev tracker and report anything that isn't there already.
Ok, I went through and added them all as bugs. I also attempted to turn on error reporting. For forum permissions I see this error.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1000' at line 5
Query:
    SELECT id_group, GROUP_CONCAT(permission) as permissions FROM smf_board_permissions WHERE id_group != '-1' GROUP BY id_group LIMIT , 1000 

is it missing single quotes?

Edit: I went back and looked at the code. The {$this->trackers['start_forumperms']} appears to be turning up with absolutely nothing. It should be 0. I am going to do a quick run through to find out where it is set to 0.
(2011-12-18, 01:55 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I went through and added them all as bugs. I also attempted to turn on error reporting. For forum permissions I see this error.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1000' at line 5
Query:
    SELECT id_group, GROUP_CONCAT(permission) as permissions FROM smf_board_permissions WHERE id_group != '-1' GROUP BY id_group LIMIT , 1000 

is it missing single quotes?

Edit: I went back and looked at the code. The {$this->trackers['start_forumperms']} appears to be turning up with absolutely nothing. It should be 0. I am going to do a quick run through to find out where it is set to 0.

Yes, someone else reported this functionality awhile back. It should be impossible since the code to set it should be run every single time. I haven't had a lot of time to find out why it isn't though. I would guess all your issues stem from that. If you find it, please note it on the tracker.