MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change path of ACP ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I change path of ACP? and can I rename this "admin" folder ? Can bots crawl ACP login page?
in general, bots cannot crawl to admin panel login page ; however it may be added to robots.txt file

AND you can change admin directory name . it is suggested for security purpose ; see honeypot

SEE ALSO : Security Tutorials List
(2011-12-16, 07:50 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]in general, bots cannot crawl to admin panel login page ; however it may be added to robots.txt file

If its a spam bot then ?
^ no, spam bots' purpose is different ; anyway, its better to change admin directory name AND
some use a random generated word (not in dictionary) for it . ALSO admin panel login links may
be removed from forum though that link is visible to admins only.

I hope you have seen Renaming the Admin Directory
(2011-12-16, 08:01 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ no, spam bots' purpose is different ; anyway, its better to change admin directory name AND
some use a random generated word (not in dictionary) for it . ALSO admin panel login links may
be removed from forum though that link is visible to admins only.

I hope you have seen Renaming the Admin Directory

Yeah checked the url. One more question, can the ACP direcotry be found by any other scripts i.e. a break url finder, or a sitemap generator, or any other script that will crawl all the links + subdomains associated with your domain ?

When we can easily find the admin directory by url, then scripts can also be coded in such manner is it?
^ an intelligent script might be able to find path to admin directory ; that is the reason for
removing the admin panel links from the forum pages . prevention is better than the cure !
okay thanks