MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Close forum option gone from Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

We were hacked a month or so ago which we recovered from. We want to close the forum for a while, but the option seems to have vanished from Admin CP. The version is 1.1.6.

I'm not so concerned about fixing it at the moment - just wondered where the setting is stored to do it manually? I can't find one in the MySQL tables...

Many thanks in advance for any ideas!

Smile

Code:
INSERT INTO `mybb_settings` VALUES (5, 'boardclosed', 'Board Closed', 'If you need to close your forums to make some changes or perform an upgrade, this is the global switch. Viewers will not be able to view your forums, however, they will see a message with the reason you specify below.<br>\n<br>\n<b>Administrators will still be able to view the forums.</b>', 'yesno', 'no', 1, 2);
INSERT INTO `mybb_settings` VALUES (6, 'boardclosed_reason', 'Board Closed Reason', 'If your forum is closed, you can set a message here that your visitors will be able to see when they visit your forums.', 'textarea', 'HACKED BY K�NGW@LF | TURK�SH HACKER', 2, 2);

That is from mine, I just realized the last line, it should be in the settings table.
Huh - it's missing from the settings table!

Thanks for that. I inserted it, and set the board to off by setting it to 'yes' instead of 'no', but the forums are still open.
Well that is from 1.1.7 although I doubt there are any differences. I hope you didn't add the HACKED BY part. As for your closed part, when you check it to yes, check phpMyAdmin to see if it updated, so we can determine wether it is updating the status, or reading it.
Hi Copernicus,

Thanks for your help. No I didn't add in the hacked message. I'm setting via MySQL (just checked with phpMyAdmin, the setting is correctly set to yes) as the options still don't appear in Admin CP.

If I put the URL in my address bar and append 2 to the end (/forum/admin/settings.php?action=change&gid=) I do see the settings, and they are correctly set in accordance with the database.

Thanks again.

Edit: Through that page I set it to open, and then to off again and it seems to have done it.

Thanks very much for your help - it's much appreciated!
No problem, I'm surprised I was able to help! I've gotten about 5 hours of sleep in the past 3 days! Toungue
Big Grin I know how that feels! Thanks again.

I think I'll do some work on the site locally and then upload a fresh version of MyBB so that other admins can make changes like this and to ensure all hacker bits are gone.