MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: internal SQL error 1146
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Eek Undecided

(2011-12-24, 07:37 AM)Davis_KB Wrote: [ -> ]I then installed version 1.6.5. The reason for the full install was the version was 1.6.2 or 3 I cannot remember.

Where did you read that the fact you were running 1.6.2/3 meant you had to reinstall to be abe to use 1.6.5?? It's called upgrading for a reason, because it enables you to upgrade an old forum to the new version. You can upgrade a forum you installed 3 years ago to 1.6.5, it will work fine. Once you have installed tour forum, unless you mess something up right at the start and it's easier to start again rather than fix it, or you're changing hosts and you're installing again on the new server to make the move easier, you never need to run the install script for anything. Ever.

(2011-12-24, 07:37 AM)Davis_KB Wrote: [ -> ]I've now tried the merge program, and when I go to run the 2nd module called "usergroups" I get a blank page.

Again, where did you read that you have to use the merge system for any of this?? The merge system is used to merge two forums together, hence the name, or convert from other forum software to MyBB. You are doing neither of these things.

MyBB comes with a folder called Documentation, which contains upgrade instructions, and we also have a wiki page for upgrading: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Please, I implore you, read these before attempting to do anything regarding upgrading the forum. There are 3 main processes you can go through with MyBB; installing, upgrading, and merging/converting, and in this case, you've tried to do the second one but somehow managed to end up doing the other two. And now I don't know what state your database will be in.

Your only real option now is to reimport the last full backup you have and then upgrade the forum using the actual upgrade process. And please make sure you know what you have to do first before trying to do it.
(2011-12-24, 03:42 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Eek Undecided

Where did you read that the fact you were running 1.6.2/3 meant you had to reinstall to be abe to use 1.6.5??

So, here is what I read from the Wiki...

Quote:Beginning the Upgrade

There are two different methods of upgrading your forum. These are full upgrades and a changed files upgrade.

Full Upgrade
If your current version is more than one point below the newest version, you need to make a full upgrade. For example, if you're using 1.6.1 and the newest version is 1.6.4, then you need a full upgrade. The same applies if you're using 1.4.x and you're upgrading to 1.6. You need use the latest version of the software.

I misread it and thought it meant a full version install, when in fact it said full upgrade. Hindsight being 20/20, I realize the error was mine. I did read all the documentation, a lot, I just misunderstood it, a lot of times. My post here was never a complaint or to lay blame with anyone, it was just a cry for help.

Now that that has all been said, I have realized my biggest problem at the moment is that none of my full backups are complete. I backed up our forums several times and always backed up all tables both data and structure. Now that I try to restore, my tables end at posts.

What I am attempting to do now, because I've butchered this so badly, is to reinstall my latest working version that my database is from. Then I am going to restore my posts to the database. If it works and we still have our posts, I will then do a full upgrade.

Thank you all for replying and helping in this topic.

Hi guys~~

So here the thing that I've moved my database onto a new host. After I upload the database (using Bigdump as the host did not allow me to import file bigger than 32MB ~.~), it says SQL Error:
1146 - Table '*****.mybb_usergroups' doesn't exist

I'm *pretty* sure that I've downloaded all the tables from my previous host which unfortunately has expired.
So I really would love how to deal with this.

Thank you very much!
Pages: 1 2