MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smashable Christmas Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I also made a plugin for it haha. I have a work around for the fact if any clickable items, ie links, are under the lights you wouldn't be able to click them. Mine lets you.
Also lets you turn off smashing. I'll just attach mine too. p=

I wonder if people realize how much extra load each plugin adds to their forum. Things like this are not well done as a plugin. This is a case of a simple manual edit to templates and uploading a javascript file and any appropriate image files.
(2011-12-22, 08:12 PM)HermXIV Wrote: [ -> ]I also made a plugin for it haha. I have a work around for the fact if any clickable items, ie links, are under the lights you wouldn't be able to click them. Mine lets you.
All you have to do is reduce the height in CSS. Toungue

(2011-12-22, 09:05 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if people realize how much extra load each plugin adds to their forum. Things like this are not well done as a plugin. This is a case of a simple manual edit to templates and uploading a javascript file and any appropriate image files.

^This. I made the plugin only if someone can't/don't really able to do template edits. Its pretty easy to do with templates system. You will need some edits to the javascript and CSS files to make it work though (you can get the edited ones from the file i attached).
can this be done only for the left and right index side becouse user cannot see forum logo
see attach
[Image: ScreenShot060.png]
(2011-12-22, 09:05 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if people realize how much extra load each plugin adds to their forum. Things like this are not well done as a plugin. This is a case of a simple manual edit to templates and uploading a javascript file and any appropriate image files.

Dylan, I agree. That is why I avoided any hooks that run on every thread/page view. My version of the plugin actually just does the template edits for you, then undoes them. The only hook it uses is for settings changes, in order to update the template changes to satisfy what the user would want. This creates very little extra load from the plugin, I believe. I'm assuming your plugin
system has some sort of manifest listing all the hooks used by plugins and then calls them when necessary, instead of checking each plugin every hook call. Otherwise, doesn't really save any load.

Mine doesn't produce any sound? I did what the plug-in direction says. MyBB version is 1.6.3
there is no any sound
(2011-12-25, 05:11 AM)HermXIV Wrote: [ -> ]

Dylan, I agree. That is why I avoided any hooks that run on every thread/page view. My version of the plugin actually just does the template edits for you, then undoes them. The only hook it uses is for settings changes, in order to update the template changes to satisfy what the user would want. This creates very little extra load from the plugin, I believe. I'm assuming your plugin
system has some sort of manifest listing all the hooks used by plugins and then calls them when necessary, instead of checking each plugin every hook call. Otherwise, doesn't really save any load.

I realize this is a somewhat old post here... but I missed it the first time around Wink
It still causes extra load to the server because the plugin is still loaded by the plugin system. It just doesn't make sense to do things like this as a plugin.
(2012-01-18, 05:43 PM)lexy Wrote: [ -> ]there is no any sound

Actually, with most of them there should be sound. Smile
nope i got it install in my test forum no sound
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6