MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Whats wrong with this effect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hovering your mouse above a link makes it get a shadow-like effect.
But at my site that shadow effect only appears when clicked on the link.
my site is laserpla.net
how to chance this so it works like intended again? ^^
You need to look in your global css, and it will be a link effect something like:

a:hover{
}
(2011-12-16, 09:05 PM)Andre R. Wrote: [ -> ]You need to look in your global css, and it will be a link effect something like:

a:hover{
}

there are alot of those...and if it would be there, its still not working^^
i need to find the reason why it doesnt show the effect and how to fix it.
To get a helpful answer, you need to include which links in particular that you are talking about. If the link is in the header of a forum window, for example, you would have to change .thead a:hover, .thead a:active {}

If the link is elsewhere it will be referred to by a different name. I'm new to MyBB and I've found out that it's a much better experience to go through you theme's template files and look for classes and id's for the section you want to change and then alter the CSS and view the effect. This method has helped me to learn how the templates break down and what effect CSS changes make.

For example, if your link is in the header(say the menu links[search, memberlist, calendar, help]) then you can open the 'Header' template and see that the menu links are in a class called 'menu'

To change the attributes for these links, you could refer to .menu a:link/.menu a:visited/.menu a:hover, .menu a:visited.

Note: Some classes are used on many different templates so changing the CSS of that class will change them all over the site. Just make a change and then check the forum thoroughly to ensure that you haven't changed anything else inadvertently.