MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Little Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While browsing the amount of recent spam MyBB has been getting I noticed that there we're many new users and their first post was spam. My idea is on the users first post after registration then something like this would be shown: http://imgur.com/jXpMB

After 5 or more users say "yes" then the post will be marked unapproved and the users posts will then be put under moderation. I feel as though this can solve the problem just a little bit more (even for human spammers). Of course this will be able to be turned off or on and the amount of users who need to say yes will be editable via the Admin CP.
Just like flag feature in YouTube I believe.
This would be good - but isn't that the TYPE of thing reporting is for? Not exactly, but it aims for just about the same thing.
I could also see that system being abused a lot - people just clicking yes to annoy mods and the posters.

Great concept though!
Or instead of hiding it completely, something like:

"This post is marked as spam by users, if you wish to see it, please click here."

And that would open the original post like in spoiler or something, but I won't be using it though. Would suit as plugin.
Actually it'd be a nice plugin. (Hint hint devs)

I'm all in for this. Maybe an option aswell to deny these posts to guests.