MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading a board.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I finally got ftp-details to the famous urbanus-online forum. (lol)

But now the previous admin caused some problems with the forum, it doesn't look like mysql problems, I think it just are file problems.. so when I upgrade, will all problems be gone?

PS: I was trying to access the mysql-database, but when I go to the phpmyadmin, I only see one database, 'test'. And that surely isn't the database where I was looking for.. so how can I find it?

Thanks in advance!
If they're file problems - upload the entire release with the exception of inc/config.php and inc/uploads.php so you have the latest versions of every file.

Then ensure you run the upgrade script and select the appropriate version (watch out as templates may end up being deleted depending on what version they're upgrading from).

--

In regards to the database, no I doubt that would be it. "test" is a default MySQL database which all users have read access to (by default).

The forum database would be somewhere else (possibly under a different user which you'd be able to fetch from inc/config.php).

Regards,
Chris
Hey Chris, thanks for your reply, I think all problems are gone.. I didn't have to run any scripts, just uploading all files, as said in the readme.

Database: but where could I find the other one then? Maybe it's hidden for me? :s