MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will a big budget make a big forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Huh

Will a $500 a month budget significantly improve forum activity and post count? If so can somebody tell me how this is possible.

Inb4 paid to post.
Depends on how it's spent but 100% it's not required. I've never budgeted much for promotion of any forums I've run. Sure a few bucks maybe but overall I think there are a lot of free or very cheap methods to promote a forum.

A $500 a month budget spent well probably is a nice way to jump start a forum but certainly it's not guarantee of success.
Yes! Finally, my long time aspiration has been accomplished - get labrocca to respond to my thread.

On-topic; I'm looking for ways to "spend it well". I also realize that content is important, that is why I waited for 300 threads (content) before I started promoting the site.
For the $500 I'd diversify.

1. Google Adwords
2. Contests
3. Direct link purchasing
4. Banners

Don't waste it on Paid Posts.
Contests are an important thing. I can't tell you the amount of forums I've joined to win things.
(2011-12-18, 03:26 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Contests are an important thing. I can't tell you the amount of forums I've joined to win things.

Then leave right after, that's what I do. LOL
(2011-12-18, 03:26 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Contests are an important thing. I can't tell you the amount of forums I've joined to win things.

But all contests do is keep the current community happy (if you're keeping the contest on your forum only), it doesn't necessarily bring in new people.
If your forum is empty, then advertisements may not work for you, as every single visitor who lands on your website will leave and will be like "Oh Geezus!"
(2011-12-18, 03:52 AM)Hoodie Wrote: [ -> ]

But all contests do is keep the current community happy (if you're keeping the contest on your forum only), it doesn't necessarily bring in new people.

Not if you market it properly.
It won't mean a thing if you don't spend it wisely.
Pages: 1 2