MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Question!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, this probably has no concern with the forum but here it is.

Is there any way that I could upload a file online (has nothing to do with forum) let's say a server. The file would be the "Banned List" for example. Is there a way I can make that file public, with a link, so if I give it to a trusted moderator he could see it, change it and apply it?

Thank you very much.
If you want to share it with one person, why don't you just send the file to them directly?
(2011-12-18, 03:59 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to share it with one person, why don't you just send the file to them directly?

No only one person... And that wouldn't work out because if I send him the file, and he adds or changes a name in it, it will have no effect on my Server...
Oh. Give him FTP access?
(2011-12-18, 04:10 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Oh. Give him FTP access?

How would that work exactly? Confused

Ok, so lay your problem out for us.

You want another user (moderator) to be able to edit a file and re-upload any changes to that file to a live site.

The way I see it is to give him FTP access to the file, view/edit it and when he makes a change, re-upload.
(2011-12-18, 04:25 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so lay your problem out for us.

You want another user (moderator) to be able to edit a file and re-upload any changes to that file to a live site.

The way I see it is to give him FTP access to the file, view/edit it and when he makes a change, re-upload.

Ah, I see now. But could that be done online? On a Browser.. You know.
No, you need an FTP client. FileZilla is a good choice.
What are the users "banned" from? It would be easier to have a database and have a page he can login to to add bans or remove them Wink