MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ultimate Backup Utility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You can edit the task, don't you?
(2011-12-22, 06:11 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]I'll download this once you include some scheduling and being able to send this to other than your FTP.

It does have scheduling. It uses the MyBB task system.. goto ACP => Tools & Maintenence => Tasks and edit it?
(2011-12-21, 04:36 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]Host can deny access to your files anytime for any reasons, unforeseen situations may arise and you'll lose all data. So this option is extremely important.

Hence the reason for 'ftp to another server' lol. I will be adding an e-mail option very soon (possibly today if i have time)
EDIT: I had time to work on it, but haven't tested it. If anyone would like to test it please uninstall the old version, upload the files, then install the new version and let me know if it works.
This seems really cool.

I want to try it out once the email option is available.
(2011-12-22, 07:45 PM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]Hence the reason for 'ftp to another server' lol.

I don't have another server.
no update on this plugin? Im afraid to test..
(2011-12-25, 05:38 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-22, 07:45 PM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]Hence the reason for 'ftp to another server' lol.

Then make an FTP account on your server just for the backup, and have the plugin back up to that FTP account. Simple.
(2011-12-26, 07:16 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]

Then make an FTP account on your server just for the backup, and have the plugin back up to that FTP account. Simple.

Host can deny access to your files (hence FTP on the same server too).
(2011-12-26, 09:10 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-26, 07:16 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]

Host can deny access to your files (hence FTP on the same server too).

A) Setup an ftp on your local computer for backups.
B) Find free hosting with FTP (not that hard to do considering EVERY free host has FTP)
Please suggest me a free hosting with FTP. I know one but there is limit for each file size - 5mb.
x10hosting is free with FTP.
Pages: 1 2 3