MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrateing site Header/Footer with MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
This topic may have already been discussed somewhere but being new here and with so many threads it's kind of difficult to find things. So excuse me if this has already been discussed.

MyBB is an addition to my existing site. I am trying to get me current site header,footer and navigation bar to integrate with MyBB so that MyBB is part of my site. I've been struggling to figure this out any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not to concerned about registration as I never allowed registration on the site that's the reason for me to create this community a place where my visitors can congregate. So the only intergration I'm trying to do is appearance rather then anything else.

With many thanks
you might be knowing that myBB uses templates system. each installed theme has a set of templates.
these templates consist of XHTML / HTML code ; one can easily modify required code for header
& footer templates (required style code also needs to be added / modified)

if it is a complex task (conflicting style) then better to hire an experienced person
(2011-12-19, 05:50 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]you might be knowing that myBB uses templates system. each installed theme has a set of templates.
these templates consist of XHTML / HTML code ; one can easily modify required code for header
& footer templates (required style code also needs to be added / modified)

if it is a complex task (conflicting style) then better to hire an experienced person

Thank you for your response.
I'm aware that the templates can be modified. I could basically copy the header layout to get it to look the same. My problem is because my main site has the menu bars that changes on a regular basis, and items in my header change too, I would like to integrate the header into MyBB so that whenever I update it on wordpress it automatically updates on MyBB.

The only way I think that's possible is if I find a way to insert <?php get_header(); ?> into the MyBB template and set a function where it pulls it off the website.

MyBB is installed in a directory of the main website, so was wondering id there is a way of doing it

The website is
http://electad.com
MyBB is installed in http://electad.com/discussion/
You can edit header and footer templates and copy the same HTML variables and add there as on your main site. You can also do minor edits on header and footer to match exactly with the new design.
(2011-12-19, 07:37 AM)sheya Wrote: [ -> ]The only way I think that's possible is if I find a way to insert <?php get_header(); ?> into the MyBB template and set a function where it pulls it off the website.
You can use PHP in template plugin for it then and after it you could insert the above variable in template.

<?php get_header(); ?>
sometime back, I had tried to experiment with such include codes ; somehow could not succeed ...

php in templates & template conditionals
(2011-12-19, 07:37 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You can edit header and footer templates and copy the same HTML variables and add there as on your main site. You can also do minor edits on header and footer to match exactly with the new design.
(2011-12-19, 07:37 AM)sheya Wrote: [ -> ]The only way I think that's possible is if I find a way to insert <?php get_header(); ?> into the MyBB template and set a function where it pulls it off the website.
You can use PHP in template plugin for it then and after it you could insert the above variable in template.

Not that simple because the header on the main site uses a lot of Class ID's from the style sheet which means I'd have to copy most of those styles into the MyBB stylesheet, some of which my conflict. I'm going to try this plugin and see what it does. Something tells me it's not going to be that easy.

Question though, even if I manage to put in <?php get_header(); ?> how do I tell MyBB where the header PHP is what would follow the above php tag?

Thanks for your help?
You want yo use your forum header and footer in your website or vice versa? Because it is just plain and simple html+css.

What software do you use for your website?
(2011-12-19, 08:04 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You want yo use your forum header and footer in your website or vice versa? Because it is just plain and simple html+css.

What software do you use for your website?

I want toy use my site's header for the forum including the navigation menu bars. I use Wordpress. The header alone would be simple css but the header includes the WordPress navigation menu that makes it more complicated if I want it to integrate automatically

(2011-12-19, 07:53 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]<?php get_header(); ?>
sometime back, I had tried to experiment with such include codes ; somehow could not succeed ...

php in templates & template conditionals

I'm going to try this, though not sure how yet, but I'll have to see. According to the plugin developer it's not that simple.
Inserting your header automatically will be harder that doing it manually.
also have a look at this : dynamic header and footer plugin
Pages: 1 2