MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't change avatar or sigs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was running MyBB 1.1.6 and everything was fine. But now I can't change avatars or signs via UserCP or the AdminCP. When I change through the UserCP I just get a white page and when changing through the AdminCP it doesn't seem to display it. I thought it was the theme I was using but when i reverted to the MyBB default it still happened. I upgraded to MyBB 1.1.7 but it made no difference. How can I fix this?
Weener Wrote:I was running MyBB 1.1.6 and everything was fine. But now I can't change avatars or signs via UserCP or the AdminCP. When I change through the UserCP I just get a white page and when changing through the AdminCP it doesn't seem to display it. I thought it was the theme I was using but when i reverted to the MyBB default it still happened. I upgraded to MyBB 1.1.7 but it made no difference. How can I fix this?
Hi,
Have you installed any modifications to your board?
I've installed the alternate rep system, the shoutbox and the hide hack.
Try overwriting your usercp.php file with a brand new 1.1.7 usercp.php file from the zip file.
kodaks Wrote:Try overwriting your usercp.php file with a brand new 1.1.7 usercp.php file from the zip file.
Already tried that, many times. Still no difference.
Is the upload/avatars folder writable by the server? (ie. CHMOD 777)?
DennisTT Wrote:Is the upload/avatars folder writable by the server? (ie. CHMOD 777)?
Ah! The uploads folder was CHMODed to 777 but the avatars folder was 666. I changed it to 777 and everythings ok. Thanks for the help.

[Edit] That has fixed the avatars, but signatures doesn't seem to work. I get the confirmation page saying my signautre has updated, but it doesn't show in posts or in the UserCP
User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread View Options

Tick Display users' signatures in their posts.
xiaozhu Wrote:User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread View Options

Tick Display users' signatures in their posts.
That was already checked.
Do you see other people's signatures? Do other people see your signature?
Pages: 1 2