MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restrict Direct Access To Attachment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
How Can I allow users download attachment just by clicking on it in post and restrict accessing to it by the link (in browser)?
What you mean by "restrict accesing to it by the link (in browser)" ?
You want to restrict acccess to attachment link for guests only or to mask id of attachment from link (for all: guests and members) ?
(2011-12-19, 04:57 PM)MyBB Tuneup Wrote: [ -> ]What you mean by "restrict accesing to it by the link (in browser)" ?
You want to restrict acccess to attachment link for guests only or to mask id of attachment from link ?

I mean user can download it only if he/she clicks on the attachment file in the post not by entring attachment URL in the browser and then downloads it (Like :http://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=1052)
IMO both are one and the same thing.
(2011-12-19, 05:03 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]IMO both are one and the same thing.
Yeap.
@Mohammad-Za: But can be made a plugin to restrict direct access to link.

(2011-12-19, 05:03 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]IMO both are one and the same thing.
I don't think so!
(2011-12-19, 05:11 PM)Mohammad-Za Wrote: [ -> ]If the user wants to access the attachment by entering the attachment URL in browser , THE USER SEE THE NO PERMISSION ERROR !!
OK. But what do you mean by "the user" ? Guests, members or all ?
If you want to restrict direct access to link of attachment even the user is member, is required a plugin to detect the page has been accessed by this user, to see if it is in the page which contain that attachment, right ?

// Later edit: It's an interesting idea. But I do not know how it can be solved with images ... if the board admins wants to show images attached as thumbnails in posts.