MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation email is not sending
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when new members register and they were send to check you email for activation email but no email is sent and member were not activated please help me to solve this problem this is needed too fast because user are registering and not getting activated so they left our forum so it is harmful for me please help me to solve it fast
give forum url , web host name ; are you using php mail OR smtp mail ? is it a new installation ?

if you are using php mail then see [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) ; also check if you have admin email entered
at the general configuration of the settings in configuration page of admin panel ..
http://discusstolearn.com this is my forum url
Please, answer to this question.
(2011-12-19, 06:50 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]are you using php mail OR smtp mail ?
Thank's.

i don't know all these things but email verification is not sending up
i am getting error messages in my system mail logs tell me how to set it up i want email verification
(2011-12-19, 07:05 PM)Amrit01 Wrote: [ -> ]i don't know all these things but email verification is not sending up
In AdminCP, Configuration tab, in Settings you will have a section called "Mail Settings".
See this image:
[attachment=25065]
Check "Mail handler" and tell us if is "PHP mail" or "SMTP mail".
Also... provide text of error message from log, please.
edit : not seen above response Smile

admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> system mail log <-- do you have any errors here ; if so post the top error
MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function. this is error message showing in my system mail log help me to solve it as fast as you all can
Does you rhost allow PHP mail()?
Maybe your host doesn't support PHP's mail function.
Pages: 1 2