MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changeing Portal to Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how do i change the forum homepage to be the portal... and besides just changing the home link in the settings because then it messes up the actualy portal button
In .htaccess file add following line

Quote:DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html
i saw no difference... unless im editing witht the wong tool, im using notepad
It will force portal.php to act as index when you open www.yoursite.com or www.yoursite.com/forum (depends on where is your forum installed).If you really want portal.php as index you can rename it and edit link in header that points to portal.php (before that index.php has to be renamed to forum.php or forum.php or any other name that you want).
maybe i added it wrong... am i soppose to change anything in the line

also ya but im sorta lazy lol but ill do it if there isnt another option, ummm which template do i edit again?
For link editing go to ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> <template set that is used by your current forum theme> ->header templates -> header
and if you have a link that points to your homepage then rename portal.php to index.php in <a> tag (in default theme that comes with mybb there is no link to portal.php)

Quote:<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php">Portal</a>
Ya but then how to I link the forums page and get rid I the portal link....
Rename your index.php to forum.php and edit link in header that points to your forum home on index.php to forum.php and name it Community (the link) or something like that.
Rename your portal.php to index.php and edit link in header that points to your new index.php (the renamed portal.php) and name it to Homepage or whatever you want.
That will work but U said u can't see the portal tab menue link in the template?
(2011-12-19, 11:52 PM)BizBink Wrote: [ -> ]That will work but U said u can't see the portal tab menue link in the template?

That's on default theme since there is no link that points to portal.php.You need to add that link by yourself in header template.

Find ul tag and add inside.

Quote:<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php">Homepage</a></li>
and

Quote:<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/forum.php">Community</a></li>

These two links will point to your new Homepage (portal) and forum (Community).
Pages: 1 2