MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VPS's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So my VPS is coming up for renewal, and to be honest, I like it and such, but my reseller is moving away from this company slowly, so by logic, as should I. Looking at my time, I do too much aswell, I need a VPS that's semi managed (At least setup... I don't have time for it). Preferibly with DA on it aswell.

Price range ~150 a year. Nothing special.
Are you still with BT?
(2011-12-20, 01:14 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Are you still with BT?

I never actually had a BT VPS to be honest. I keep needing to msn theo, but i never see him on.
I would recommend looking into Webfaction.

The only semi-managed VPS I've had was with ServerComplete (loved them (even have the owner on my msn contacts)). But, it looks like it may be out of budget with the DA license.
(2011-12-20, 01:50 AM)Weboutfit Wrote: [ -> ]https://securedragon.net/ owned by KuJoe

Interesting, I'm gonna either have to wait to see if he drops in so I can query him a little, or email him. Forgot all about it.
I know the owner of SC and he's awesome. I've met him a few times when I went up to GoRACK since he lives nearby.

As for SD, we don't offer much in the way of management being a budget provider but we do have an agreement with DirectAdmin so we can get licenses pretty cheap. What kind of specs are you looking for?
512 dedicated 700ish burst, 1tb/M data, DA and 95% uptime. I'm fairly basic.

As for management, I just don't have the time anymore to play around with LAMP, vsftp, DNS (or any variation) because of school, and the host I'm helping to build.

Management wise I really just need it installed, and checked once in a while to made sure I didn't blow it up.
I've been using http://fanaticalvps.com/ for about a year - really like what they have to offer. They don't offer managed VPS's though. If you need assistance with setting up a vps, I'll give you a hand. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3