MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: image attatchment support!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for a way to allow my users to upload any image size using the attachment tool. What I would like to happen is have it automatically reside the photo to a nice sized picture. A size that is not too big nor too small. I want the image to show in the thread. Now what I would also like is if the image was shrunk so that it could be easily seen in the thread I would like it to be able to be clicked on so that the real size could be seen. Does that make sense?

So user attaches picture. It is x by x which is too big to be seen on thread. So it is automatically changed to y by y which fits perfectly in the thread.
you can use fit on page plugin

see also other plugin for the required purpose : image resizer & optimizer
Sweet! That looks like it! One question will I have to attach the image or will it also work if I use photobucket and the image location link ?
in general the plugins are for the image code used on the forum .

attachments have related settings at the Posting settings in configuration settings

admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> posting -->
Show Attached Thumbnails in Posts ; Attached Thumbnail Maximum Height ; Attached Thumbnail Maximum Width
ok so I am home now and am finding out that the problem is with the image size. The limit is 500KB is there a way to change that? Or is there a plugin that will resize the image so that it will be under 500?